Join us for Sundays at the Symphony!
TICKETS ON SALE NOW at The Grand 1894 Opera House
or download and mail Season Ticket Order Form
GSO Plays the Pops: Happy New Year Vienna Style
January 9, 2022 | Sunday
Celebrate GSO’s return to The Grand 1894 Opera House with fun, lively audience favorites, including Strauss waltzes, polkas, galops and more. Conductor Trond Saeverud is delighted to welcome back everyone with nostalgic, lighthearted works performed in the style of the famous Vienna New Year’s Eve concerts.
Masterworks I: Valentine’s Concert
February 13, 2022 | Sunday
- Jarnefelt: Berceuse
- Gliere: Harp Concerto (Stephanie Gustafson, harp)
- Tchaikovsky: Symphony No. 1 (“Winter Daydreams”)
Experience a charming romantic concert with a breath of fresh, cool, Nordic air; a beautiful harp concerto; and a symphony overflowing with lovely melodies
Masterworks II: Passions
March 13, 2022 | Sunday
- Wagner: Overture to “Die Meistersinger”
- Korngold: Violin Concerto (Stella Chen, violin)
- Shostakovich: Symphony 1
Enjoy Wagner’s glorious spectacle of sound, an exciting concerto, and a fast, fun driving symphony in this passionate concert.
Masterworks III: Beethoven’s Eroica!
April 24, 2022 | Sunday
- Farrenc, Allegro
- Mozart, Violin Concerto 3 (William Hagen, violin)
- Beethoven, Symphony 3 “Eroica”
An inspiring concert with a long lost work by 19th century composer Louise Farrenc, a gorgeous Mozart concerto, and the wild ride of Beethoven’s Third!
Masterworks IV: Kaleidoscope
May 22, 2022 | Sunday
- Satie/Debussy: Gymnopedie 1
- Prokofiev: Piano Concerto 3 (Rodolfo Leone, piano)
- Price: Ethiopia’s Shadow in America
- Debussy: La mer
A musical adventure, from quiet meditation through piano pyrotechnics and a newly discovered(!) rousing work, to Debussy’s most celebrated orchestra masterpiece, La mer.
Galveston Symphony Orchestra programs are supported in part by generous grants from