Join us for Sundays at the Symphony!
TICKETS ON SALE NOW at The Grand 1894 Opera House
or download and mail Season Ticket Order Form
Masterworks I: Valentine’s Concert
February 13, 2022 | Sunday
- Jarnefelt: Berceuse
- Gliere: Harp Concerto (Stephanie Gustafson, harp)
- Tchaikovsky: Symphony No. 1 (“Winter Daydreams”)
Experience a charming romantic concert with a breath of fresh, cool, Nordic air; a beautiful harp concerto; and a symphony overflowing with lovely melodies.
Masterworks II: Passions
March 13, 2022 | Sunday
- Wagner: Overture to “Die Meistersinger”
- Korngold: Violin Concerto (Stella Chen, violin)
- Shostakovich: Symphony 1
Enjoy Wagner’s glorious spectacle of sound, an exciting concerto, and a fast, fun driving symphony in this passionate concert.
Masterworks III: Beethoven’s Eroica!
April 24, 2022 | Sunday
- Farrenc, Allegro
- Mozart, Violin Concerto 3 (William Hagen, violin)
- Beethoven, Symphony 3 “Eroica”
An inspiring concert with a long lost work by 19th century composer Louise Farrenc, a gorgeous Mozart concerto, and the wild ride of Beethoven’s Third!
Masterworks IV: Kaleidoscope
May 22, 2022 | Sunday
- Satie/Debussy: Gymnopedie 1
- Prokofiev: Piano Concerto 3 (Rodolfo Leone, piano)
- Price: Ethiopia’s Shadow in America
- Debussy: La mer
GSO Plays the Pops: Vienna Style Somerfest
June 26, 2022 | Sunday (originally scheduled January 9)
Fun, lively audience favorites, including Strauss waltzes, polkas, and nostalgic, lighthearted works performed in the style of Somerfest concerts.
Current Galveston Symphony Orchestra programs are supported by individual donations and by generous grant support from