Our 40th Anniversary!
All concerts start at 4:00 p.m. at The Grand 1894 Opera House — Arrive early to hear Conductor Saeverud’s pre-concert remarks and dive deeper into the concert experience. Each concert is about two hours (with intermission).
Celebrating The Grand’s 125 Years!
Sunday | September 1, 2019
- Fun music from the 1890s and more! | Megan Stapleton, soprano
Sunday | October 13, 2019
- Ethel Smyth, Wreckers Overture
- Liszt, Piano Concerto No. 2 | Evelyn Chen, piano
- Beethoven, Symphony No. 7
Mendelssohn’s Violin Concerto
Sunday | December 1, 2019
- Weber, Freischütz Overture
- Mendelssohn, Violin Concerto | Grace Park, violin
- Debussy, Berceuse Heroique
- Hindemith, Symphonic Metamorphosis
Happy New Year, Vienna Style!
Sunday | January 5, 2020
Trond Plays Paganini
Sunday | February 9, 2020
- Paganini, Violin Concerto No. 1 | Trond Saeverud, violin
- Howard Hanson, Symphony No. 2 “Romantic”
Sunday | March 15, 2020
- Balakirev, Tamara
- Hvoslef, Piano Concerto No. 2 (World Premiere) | Andrew Staupe, piano
- Tchaikovsky, Symphony No. 6 “Pathétique”
Pines of Rome
Sunday | April 19, 2020
- Lili Boulanger, D’un Matin de Printemps, arr. JoAnn Falletta & Terrie Baune
- Haydn, Symphony No. 94
- Vivaldi, Piccolo Concerto in C | Peter Verhoyen, piccolo
- Respighi, Pines of Rome